After a couple of weeks without chocolate (the Cadbury’s kind!) and largely without any other form of pudding, I’ve really started to miss a little bit of pudding indulgence. Thankfully, I’ve discovered that porridge really isn’t just for breakfast and can indeed form a truly comforting pudding when you need that little extra hit of je ne sais quoi!
That’s why, with a little help from Peter, we’ve formed this silky creamy mix of raw cacao, coconut milk and almond butter for a delicious warm bowl of chocolate porridge which is refined sugar free!
Method for Cacao and Coconut Porridge Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 100g Organic Rolled Oats
- 1tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Raw Cacao
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 75ml Almond Milk
- Optional: 1 tsp Coconut Oil (for a little extra silkyness and coconut goodness)
- Optional: 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon (for a little sweetness if you find it a little bitter)
- Add all the ingredients to the pan and warm to the boil;
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and keep stirring the mixture regularly. Heat for 7-8 minutes (check cooking instructions on your oats as they vary) until the oats are soft;
- Serve out your portions, bigger if you’re having it for breakfast or little bowls for a pud!